COUNSELING SERVICES COORDINATOR – JOB DESCRIPTION
We are seeking an individual to represent our psychology private practice in the role of Counseling Services Coordinator. The individual will support our four providers working from a peaceful reception area.
The WDMCP is a group of independent clinicians who have come together because of their shared values, strong desire to engage in ongoing learning as professionals, and their hope to bring diverse areas of expertise to the greater Des Moines community. Clinicians are dedicated to the quality of the relationships they build with clients, and the unique intersecting identities (e.g., race, gender, sexual orientation, social class) of each individual that enters our office.
We are seeking candidates for this position who are personable, detail-oriented, open to learning, willing to align themselves with the inclusive mission of the practice, and reliable in meeting the necessary responsibilities and demands of this position. The interested individual will work on Mondays and Thursdays from 7:45 a.m. to 4:20 p.m., with occasional week-long assignments, depending upon staffing needs.
- Welcoming clients in a kind and inviting fashion.
- Answering phone lines and managing messages for the four clinicians in a timely manner.
- Facilitating client check-in/check-out process including collection of co-pays and scheduling of appointments.
- Ensuring all opening and closing procedures for the office are followed.
Additional job responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating an understanding of HIPAA compliance with respect to patients and office policy.
- Maintaining client records on the practice’s electronic management system (EMS), Therapy Notes, (individual will be trained on during on-boarding.)
- Monitoring timely delivery of correspondence & reports to attorneys and physicians.
- Maintaining accurate and current information of referral sources used by the different clinicians.
- Supporting marketing and advertising efforts including promotion of workshops or other office events.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The candidate for this position will ideally have knowledge of mental health terminology. At least three years of customer service experience in a healthcare environment is preferred. Experience utilizing a computer system or computer terminal is a must. Bilingual applicants with Spanish language proficiency are desirable.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
West Des Moines Center for Psychotherapy, LLC
Attn: Nick Ressler, Office Manager
1045 76th Street, Suite 3030
West Des Moines, IA 50266
OR email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
VISIT US AT: www.wdmcp.com